You may be surprised to learn that many dog owners are increasingly turning to CBD to help their best friends!
When it comes to our pets, especially our dogs, it’s no surprise that many pet owners are starting to look for natural remedies to help their furry friends. Our pets are like babies, with many people sparing no expense to help whatever is ailing their dogs. The problem is that many pharmaceutical medications which vets traditionally prescribe to our dogs come with a long list of complicated side-effects, many of which aren’t great.
The great things about CBD which is derived from hemp plants are that it contains almost no THC, less than .3%. CBD doesn’t have any psychedelic properties like THC, so it won’t get you high, and it won’t get your pets high.
The hardest thing with dogs and other pets is that it’s not always apparent when they are suffering or when the side-effects of medication are causing them problems. That’s the great thing about CBD products for dogs and other pets. There are only ever very limited occasions when pets experience any side-effects from taking CBD products.
If CBD could help your pet, then don’t worry because of cbdMD stocks a full range of premium CBD products for dogs, cats, and horses. Finally, a natural alternative to harsh pharmaceutical medication. They have a full-range of CBD tinctures for dogs, cats, and horses as well as CBD dog treats for your favorite furry friend. The best part about CBD dog treats? You won’t have to force your dog to eat these delicious treats.
Just like humans, some animals have very similar endocannabinoid systems or ECSs. Cannabinoids like cannabidiol (CBD), can interact with the receptors spread throughout the ECS. These then create a reaction within your pets’ body, much as it does with humans. CBD can be used to treat several different common conditions which affect our pets.
What Conditions Can CBD Be Used For On Pets?
No one enjoys seeing their pet suffer, but it’s even worse when you’re trying to help treat one condition, and it causes serious side-effects. CDB is a great alternative treatment for many traditionally prescribed medications. It’s important that you speak with your vet before ceasing any medication for your pet.
- CBD As A Painkiller – Numerous studies have shown that CBD has excellent properties for helping with pain management.
- CBD As An Anti-Convulsant – CBD is a natural anti-convulsant which is known to help control spasms, tics, and seizures.
- CBD As An Anti-Inflammatory – This is one of the main uses for CBD because of its success as an anti-inflammatory.
- CBD To Help Reduce Stress & Anxiety – CBD is great for helping pets with stress and situational anxiety. Fireworks, loud music, being left alone, separated from their owners and many other situations can cause your pets to experience stress and anxiety.
- CBD Promotes Homeostasis – Many pet owners choose to use CBD not just to treat a specific illness, but as a healthy way to promote overall health and well-being.